Dumping BP/W and getting a jacket.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I decided I’m going to dump all my BP/W stuff and go back to a poodle jacket. Any brands anybody can recommend? I figure if you can’t beat them join them. 99% of the diving world can’t be wrong, right?
I’ll need it to be able to hold about 50 lbs of weight, I want to make sure I’m not underweighted. I plan to use it with a 7 mm wetsuit and a steel 130. The only thing I’m not switching out is my reg set. I got it at a garage sale about 10 years ago and it still works fine. The guy told me it needed to be serviced before I use it but I got lazy and cheap and still haven’t done it. I don’t even know what brand it is but I don’t think it needs to be serviced. I like to dive solo down to about 150’ to 200’ on air, so whatever....
Thanks

:rofl3:

Eric, were you hit in the head by a stack of Freedom Plates? :wink:

If you can find an old Sea Quest Black Diamond and add additional weight pockets on the lower cam band you should be set, especially if you need an XL BC. Those have those big Sure Lock integrated pockets and large trim pockets.
If you need additional weight just wrap some ankle weights around the cylinder valve.

I don't worry about rebuilds until they free flow. You'll be fine I'm sure, hopefully its a Scuba Pro. Those are hassle free for a long time

If you can find an old Sea Quest Black Diamond and add additional weight pockets on the lower cam band you should be set, especially if you need an XL BC. Those have those big Sure Lock integrated pockets and large trim pockets.
If you need additional weight just wrap some ankle weights around the cylinder valve.

I don't worry about rebuilds until they free flow. You'll be fine I'm sure, hopefully its a Scuba Pro. Those are hassle free for a long time

Scott, what is today's date?

Joking aside, I’ve always wanted to ask, but didn’t want to sound like I’d be knocking your product, so I’ll ask here in the 4/1 thread, I think you call your plate the Cadillac of back plates (or something like that), and I was like, geez, it’s a back plate, how much simpler can it get, but here we are, you made something you think it’s that much better than something we thought of being as practical as it is, so, what’s all the hype about?

Joking aside, I’ve always wanted to ask, but didn’t want to sound like I’d be knocking your product, so I’ll ask here in the 4/1 thread, I think you call your plate the Cadillac of back plates (or something like that), and I was like, geez, it’s a back plate, how much simpler can it get, but here we are, you made something you think it’s that much better than something we thought of being as practical as it is, so, what’s all the hype about?

If Red Wiggler can be the Cadillac of worms, why can't the Freedom Plate be the Cadillac of backplates?

Scott, what is today's date?
April 1, 2019. Why do you think my post was so ridiculous? Look who the original poster is.
You actually took it serious? LOL

Yeah, I had a Black Diamond years ago, but those are a back inflate and everyone knows those will push you face down on the surface and you’ll drown. I guess I could find a jacket similar? And then add a 20 or 30 lb weightbelt on top of the max the jacket can hold and I’d be fine.
I also collect used wrist computers. I have a whole basket full of them. Every time I go out diving and come up the stupid thing beeps like crazy then quits working. So I just grab another one for the next dive and off I go.
Oh yeah, I want a jacket with a super big bladder so I can come up quicker. I like to just hit the lever when I want to go up. It’s fun outrunning my own bubbles to the top.
I also think I need new fins. The ones I have are too heavy and I think that’s why I’m always feet down. Maybe I should get some split fins or maybe those kind that have hinges? Too bad they don’t make a split fins with hinges, that would be awesome!

I’ll need it to be able to hold about 50 lbs of weight, I want to make sure I’m not underweighted. I plan to use it with a 7 mm wetsuit and a steel 130.

Dude if you don't have at least an extra 100 pounds of lift your a total stroke. Go big or go home. Don't be a stroke.

Back
Top Bottom