Dumb Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

genemoren

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Ok, this may be a dumb question to some but I don't know so, should I store my 1200 case open or closed? and, when I use it should I coat the o-ring with silicon? I ask this because I did have a case for a different camera and the instructions that came with it said to keep the case open when not in use and to always coat the o-ring with silicon - the 1200 instruction book says nothing. Thanks

Nothing in the book? The manual of a previous model said to always store with the housing open so the O-ring can reform, but never add silicone to a Sealife O-ring.

Hope Joe can post here soon...

Last edited:
No such thing as a dumb question!

Back from DEMA, the scuba trade show, so I apologize for the delayed response.

No need for silicone/grease on the DC1200 o-ring, whether in use or stored. Recommendation for longer periods of storage, leave the case open slightly so not to loose the o-ring. For short jaunts, not a problem tostore closed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom