Wanted DUI Zip Seal Gloves / Dui Zip seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your budget allows, and you are not particularly married to the DUI gloves, I recommend taking a look at the Rolock 3 dry glove system. It'll affix to the DUI heavy duty latex zip seals (it may work with standard latex or silicone but I used the HD latex) as it gives you the ability to get all your gear on before putting the gloves on. Also, you can leave the wrist seal intact so if a glove leaks it won't make its way into the suit.

Downside is a higher startup cost (about $100 more) as you need to purchase the Rolock system and the HD latex seals--unless it works with the other DUI seals that you may already have. However, on the upside, you can use cheap to replacement gloves like the Showa 720s for about $5/pair. Also, you don't have to put all your kit on with the dry gloves on. That is the biggest benefit to me. Keep the dry gloves off until you have everything on and situated, to include getting your mask skirt under your hood, then put on any glove liners, then the dry gloves, then splash.

One other downside is the plastic ring that is present on the sleeve of the dry suit if diving without dry gloves. If this is an issue/concern you can pop the zip seal off and replace it with a regular DUI zip lock wrist seal for those times you don't want dry gloves.

You could also use a torn wrist seal as the base for the Rolock, provided the tear is at the end and not into the base portion. Again, I don't know if you could use a standard latex or silicone wrist seal, or if it has to be the HD latex.

A pair of the HD latex seals is $144, the Rolock 3 kit is $149, and $5 for the gloves is $300. For just the gloves alone DUI wants $208 MSRP. Tear one glove and the Rolock system has paid for itself. It's one of those pay me now or pay me later. If you want the DUI gloves with the dams, those are $278, at which point the Rolock system would be hard to dismiss.

Given what DUI charges for their zip seal gloves, if I had one that tore (or a torn wrist seal) and I was on a budget and didn't know how nice it was to kit up without having my dry gloves on and who I'd kill what I'd pay to not have to deal with that, I'd likely try cutting it off and gluing a Showa glove on as a replacement. It's the same type of glove (if not THE same glove) that DUI uses, only they add on a $200 fee for gluing it to a zip seal for you.

i search DUI Zip Seal Gloves
Forgive me, I know this isn’t what you asked. And neither is the above post.

BUT, since you already have the DUI zip seals, just for grins try using the normal wrist seals and then put on a pair of wool or similar glove liners and these unflocked latex gloves pulled over the rib on the zip seal. They are also known as Marigold G17K or xtra large dish washing gloves and cost about $3 a pair. As long as the gloves overlap the zip seal by an inch or two, they won’t leak. I also put a latex tube under the wrist seal so I can vent air into the gloves. I blew one off with my scooter a while back and a buddy popped both of them doing a giant stride, but otherwise, they just work.

To the above point, zip gloves work great, but they are a huge hassle while the suit is on and you aren’t in the water. Think about not being able to type on your phone without taking your suit off ha-ha. And hard rings are like handcuffs. Uncomfortable everywhere.

What have you got to lose. 100’s of dives here and it’s super easy and cheap. Did I say easy and cheap and comfortable? Just try it!

Think I have a pair in my garage, I can check the size this evening.
hi

i search DUI Zip Seal Gloves
prefer small, but medium could do the job

thanks
I have a pair, size M. Send me a message if you're interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom