Dui zip gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stas

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone recomend a place to get (relatively) cheap dui zip gloves? I have a pair of XL zip gloves (the smurf kind) and they are to big on me. I need a large. Can anyone help?
Thanks, Stas

DUI has the price pretty much fixed (at a rediculous amount), unless you know somebody who knows somebody... I've been diving the DUI Zip Gloves for the past 5 dives (still relatively a noob), and absolutely love them.

If you used the DUI measuring guide, and there's a little wrinkling when the gloves are compressed at depth, then that's OK. As long as you can manipulate your fingers, you're golden. I think it's impossible for them to fit "like a glove." I was in-between a meduim and large size, and went with the large. I don't regret it one bit.

Tell us how well/poorly they fit you, with examples for why they are too big. And a picture is worh 1000 words, especially for some of us cyber-divers :D

Mike

I think they are to big because I think there is to much wrinkling going on. Here are some pics.

I don't like dry gloves, especially the DUI ZIP gloves:
- Putting on your gear with your dry gloves on is quite difficult.
- Before putting my arms in the sleeves, I put on my hood. The walk from my car to the water is often very hot. Putting on my hood near the water is no option, none of my buddies was able to put the hood under my collar.
- The gloves are not very strong, they puncture quite easiliy. Heappens to me two times already.

D.

For cheaper than the price ($168) of the zip gloves you can upgrade to the Diving concepts gloves. New, they're $140 delivered from COVCI, however I've purchased 3 pairs from eBay / TDS over the last few months for about $75 pr...and now I have buddies diving them, too!

DC Glove Pros:
- cheaper than zips
- More durable than zips (my zips wore out and leaked at the flued on soft-ring... TWICE)
- easier to use (snap on, snap off... dress bare handed)
- replacement of compromised gloves is $17... not another $168+
- redundant seal... your wrist seal stays! Flood a glove = cold hand and not flooded suit

Cons:
- I'm still looking for that one...

I fitted them to my Zip seal wrist seal, and I'm never looking back! Love them. eBay your XL zips, and you can get into the DC gloves for next to nuthin'.

---
Ken

stas:
Hi,
Can anyone recomend a place to get (relatively) cheap dui zip gloves? I have a pair of XL zip gloves (the smurf kind) and they are to big on me. I need a large. Can anyone help?
Thanks, Stas

The pic you posted does make them look a little large. Check out DUI's website, to see if their are any on their factory list (I forget what they call it, but where they sell the suits from their demo days etc).
Other than that try Ebay to see if someone else had a similar problem.

I've only recently gotten really good at switching back and forth between my seals and gloves. I hated the zip seal gloves at first, but they are starting to grow on me. I am also getting better at being able to gear up with them on, and don't need much help anymore except tucking my hood.

Back
Top Bottom