DUI Yukon vs. OMS Coronado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

industrious95

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm getting ready to buy a new drysuit. I have a 25 year old DUI Norseman, and aside from the fact that it's had so many repairs that it's now nothing more than a zipper, seals and 8 pounds of Aquaseal, I loved swimming in the suit want to stay in a DUI.

Does anyone know the any difference between the DUI Yukon and OMS Coronado? Comparing features, they appear almost identical, except for the hip pocket, which I don't want. Comparing the photos on the DUI website, the stitching on the seams looks much better on the Yukon than the Coronado. Does that mean the Coronado is poorly made or is that just the photographer?

The Coronado specifically says only one year warranty on the zipper, valves, boots and crotch strap, the Yukon gives two. Since both suits use the same components (Apeks valves, Superflex boots & YKK zipper),why the difference in the warranty? Is the Coronado made from "B" parts and the Yukon from "A"?

The DUI website lists "Durability" on the Yukon at 7.5 and on the Coronado at 7, but I don't really understand what that means, other than I would assume higher should be more durable. Is comparing durability of 7 to 7.5 like comparing a napkin to a paper towel, or is it like comparing paper to steel?

My take from the comparison is with the DUI Yukon you're spending $200 more for a hip pocket and an extra year on the warranty. Does anyone else know any better?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and opinion...

I'm getting ready to buy a new drysuit. I have a 25 year old DUI Norseman, and aside from the fact that it's had so many repairs that it's now nothing more than a zipper, seals and 8 pounds of Aquaseal, I loved swimming in the suit want to stay in a DUI.

Does anyone know the any difference between the DUI Yukon and OMS Coronado? Comparing features, they appear almost identical, except for the hip pocket, which I don't want. Comparing the photos on the DUI website, the stitching on the seams looks much better on the Yukon than the Coronado. Does that mean the Coronado is poorly made or is that just the photographer?

The Coronado specifically says only one year warranty on the zipper, valves, boots and crotch strap, the Yukon gives two. Since both suits use the same components (Apeks valves, Superflex boots & YKK zipper),why the difference in the warranty? Is the Coronado made from "B" parts and the Yukon from "A"?

The DUI website lists "Durability" on the Yukon at 7.5 and on the Coronado at 7, but I don't really understand what that means, other than I would assume higher should be more durable. Is comparing durability of 7 to 7.5 like comparing a napkin to a paper towel, or is it like comparing paper to steel?

My take from the comparison is with the DUI Yukon you're spending $200 more for a hip pocket and an extra year on the warranty. Does anyone else know any better?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and opinion...

I wish someone would answer this. I looking at a similar situation. The Yukon II vs the Coronado.

I don't know much about the Yukon II, but the original is a real POS. It traps air in the feet, the exhaust valve doesn't work very well.

I would look elsewhere. Also I'm pretty sure that DUI and OMS are the same company.

I don't know much about the Yukon II, but the original is a real POS. It traps air in the feet, the exhaust valve doesn't work very well.

I would look elsewhere. Also I'm pretty sure that DUI and OMS are the same company.
They are indeed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom