DUI Rock Boots Size 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kmmkiwi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a pair of DUI rock boots size 7 that are just too big on me. I'm looking for a pair of size 6 DUI rock boots. If anyone has a pair they want to get rid of, make me an offer!

Want to swap? I used to use size 6 and just got myself a replacement pair that I have not but tried before I had the neo socks on my suit changed for larger - and I had to upgrade to size 7 boot :D

I bought the second pair of sixes from someone though who did not tell m that they weren't the newest model. They are practically brand new (I used them like twice) but they do not have the same type of zinch laces like mine do and I think they might be teensy bit narrower (or maybe mine have just given in). My originals are from year 2006, so I am not claiming they are the absolutely latest model either.

Let me know if you are interested in 1:1 swap if your boots are in decent shape.

Sounds like both of you are hooked up. Just an FYI many people will use Chuck Taylors. They can be had for around $30 and have pretty good flex.

+1 for Chuck Taylors. Here are mine:

Attachments

• drysuit shoes.jpg
    drysuit shoes.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 89
Want to swap? I used to use size 6 and just got myself a replacement pair that I have not but tried before I had the neo socks on my suit changed for larger - and I had to upgrade to size 7 boot :D

I bought the second pair of sixes from someone though who did not tell m that they weren't the newest model. They are practically brand new (I used them like twice) but they do not have the same type of zinch laces like mine do and I think they might be teensy bit narrower (or maybe mine have just given in). My originals are from year 2006, so I am not claiming they are the absolutely latest model either.

Let me know if you are interested in 1:1 swap if your boots are in decent shape.

Thank you kindly for the offer to trade.

Hmmm, the narrower part makes me sort of shy away... I have to wear wide width regular street shoes most of the time so I'm a bit hesitant. I think I'm going to give my size 7's another go before giving them up, as I've only used them for one day and to be fair I was getting used to the whole new drysuit setup with new weighting and my buoyancy was completely off as I'm still getting used to using a drysuit instead of a wetsuit.

As far as my size 7 boots go, they were purchased new from DUI in Oct or Nov 2009 (don't remember the exact purchase date). I used them yesterday for the first time on 2 dives (finally got to try out my new drysuit, yay!). So they are in excellent condition, only seen 2 salt water dives. They are soaking in the tub along with the rest of my gear as I'm typing this.

I will let you know. Thanks for the offer, I will keep this in mind.

Hmmm, the narrower part makes me sort of shy away... I have to wear wide width regular street shoes most of the time so I'm a bit hesitant. I think I'm going to give my size 7's another go before giving them up, as I've only used them for one day and to be fair I was getting used to the whole new drysuit setup with new weighting and my buoyancy was completely off as I'm still getting used to using a drysuit instead of a wetsuit.

Sure, no problem. I have no panic as I did get a ratty pair of sevens from someone that I am currently using, I just know they won't last long.

Just so you know though. I have stumpy feet too, short and wide. For example, I tried Chucks but it did not work because I dive in colder water and need thick socks. When I add those I would have needed to buy such a large size that the empty toes were tripping me by the time the width was accomodated.

When I had the smaller socks on my DUI, and went from the new style 6:s to the old style, I had absolutely no problems with the size. I am not sure if there is much difference but to me they look slightly narrower by the design. I think all Rockboots are somewhat wide by design for the suit socks to fit.

Maybe someone here would have a photo comparison. I could take one but it would be deceiving as my newer style sixes are by now very stretched -they were the ones I force-used until I got the ratty-7:s :)

Anyway, no pressure. Let me know - even if you want to keep your 7:s just in case and make an offer on the 6:s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom