DUI rock boot sizing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Derelict

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I ordered some size 10 dui rock boots (in Australia from USA, took a month to arrive!) and I went off my shoe size which is USA 9.5/UK 8.5. The boots arrived and they're absolutely huge, I can fit my index and middle finger between my heel and the rear of the boot.

Here's what they look like DUI Rock Boots

Has anybody purchased a pair of these? The shape is perfect for my foot so I'd like to get the sizing right, should I go for size 8 or size 9 boots?

It would be nice if DUI offered some measurements to the inside of their boots.

I feel your pain, my first pair of rock boots were too large, can't remember the make but I did manage to sell them to another tech diver at the time whose feet were larger than mine.

For my next set of boots I ordered a pair according to my shoe size and they fitted perfectly.

That said, I've been using lace up rock boots that came with my last Rofos suit and they are perfect as they are lace up canvas boots not neoprene, and they just had a large M on the label.

Since then I have met quite a few people who use Converse canvas baseball boots which are much cheaper than dive boots, so why not give them a try?

Evo 4's here. Better ankle support than the DUI ones.

I'm a US 9.5 the size 10 DUI did fit once I put on my wool socks, undergarment socks and suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom