dui questions--signature/special pro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoopa

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey eveyone-- well its starting to get cold around here(palm desert-- 85F--lol) but winter is about to come and im getting a dry suit dang gummit... So ive pretty much come down to 2 suits-- the dui cf200 or the clx50/50... Im actually leaning most twords the 50/50 but time will tell. Here is my question

what is the differenece between the signature series and the special production?

any insight as to which suit to get would also be great. I like the cf200 but everyone says how heavy they are,,, so was thinking the 50/50 would be the best of all worlds-- good abrasion on the butt and legs and good movment on the top.. Also thinking about getting the rock boot system but instead of using the rock boots --id just use the socks that come on the suit and use my regular booties and my same fins--- dry--comfy-- and dont have to get new fins-- allllll good :)--

That's just a fitting diffence. If you can buy "off the rack" you can save the money. If the whole suit is custom fit - top to bottom - it costs more. So it will all depend on your sizing.

I just ordered a full custom DUI 2 weeks ago. I was told that the "signature" is sort of a package deal... it comes with the knee pads, hood, boots, suspenders, and a thigh pocket. The only thing it did not come with that I added onto the bill was zip seals, well then I just called back Monday and added a P valve. I can barely wait, 3 more weeks and it should be ready! As far as old booties, Im not sure you could fit the drysuit foot inside your old bootie. Its not the most exacting fit and besides that your going to have undergarment booties as well.

Ah..I just had this discussion with DUI regarding my order, which got a bit fouled up (but has since been rectified by DUI). A Signature Series comes as a package with a hood, two pockets (your choice), kneepads and the cute little "Signature Series" patch on the sleeve :wink:.

A Special Production comes without the hood, kneepads or cute little patch. It *may* come with one pocket, but I honestly don't remember right off the bat. Both come custom sized and include the rock boots and suspenders.

I'm positive that DavidP is right on the booties...I doubt you're going to be able to fit the drysuit socks comfortably into your old booties - I actually tried that the first time I dove my drysuit in the pool and it was a VERY tight squeeze and not at *all* comfortable. :( You'll probably have to go up at least a size in booties to get it to be comfortable - but you still might be able to get away with your same fins if you do that. However, you might end up with "floaty feet," since you'll have both the neoprene socks *and* the neoprene booties....so don't be surprised if you need some ankle weights. The other confounding factor is adding some kind of additional insulation for your feet (which you may or may not feel you need with that much neoprene)....I wasn't wearing anything under the drysuit on my feet. If I'd added *any* additional insulation - even thin socks - I'd've never been able to get my booties on....

Best of luck - I just got my newly renovated Signature Series TLS350 back from DUI and can't wait to take it for it's maiden voyage ... Pool tomorrow night and ocean this weekend :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom