DUI Purchases Ocean Management Systems - read Media Release

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyIGH

Dive professional
Reaction score
oms-logo.gif
Diving Unlimited International, Inc. is excited to announce the acquisition of Ocean Management Systems.

San Diego, CA – DUI along with their European partners, BtS Europa AG and CCR Sp. Z o.o. has acquired Ocean Management Systems (OMS): a maker of high quality technically-oriented dive equipment.

The new company will be called Ocean Management Systems GmbH and will be based in Germany.

Read the complete Media Release at DUI Media Release - Announcing purchase of Ocean Management Systems - OMS

When will we get to see some products?

I am really glad OMS did not go under, because I love their Slipstream fins. IMHO, they are the best on the market.

First thing to address if they want to make it viable is the service issue. OMS has one of the worst reputations in that area. Good gear. Almost went with them myself when I first got into tech. Was warned off due to the lack of support after the sale. That was by a diver and an OMS dealer.

Maybe I'll be able to get some regulator parts.

When will we get to see some products?

I am really glad OMS did not go under, because I love their Slipstream fins. IMHO, they are the best on the market.

I absolutely hope DUI will put the Slipstreams back into production. (I have an extra pair for myself, but I've often recommended them to other divers). As strange as it seems, those huge 100 lb bungeed wings seem to be quite popular in other parts of the world, so I guess they'll be happy about the deal too.

Hi Cbrich,

We are looking at the first part of 2015. We have a new FB page - OMS. We will provide updates all along the way. We are excited!

So are you going to combine the names and call the new company SODIUM or maybe MODIUS?

Sodium and water don't go too well together. They have a caustic relationship.

I absolutely hope DUI will put the Slipstreams back into production. (I have an extra pair for myself, but I've often recommended them to other divers).

I have tried about everything looking for a pair of Slipstreams (XL if anyone out there can help). DUI, if you are listening, please re-release the Slipstreams.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom