DUI might make decent suits but don't use them for service!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shanti

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Think twice about using DUI for service. We sent them our suits for maintenance then they shipped them back, supposedly insured, and UPS lost them. Now (7/2/2024) they want us to buy brand new suits with a "generous" $1,000 discount off of full-list- price. Have always been loyal to DUI for years but no longer. They want us to spend almost $4,500 for new suits that they should have insured for the correct amount (like we did on the way to DUI). They stated they insured them in the email but then their contact who gave me new suit pricing "sadly" said their value was only $750.00... I am astonished that DUI wouldn't at least provide the suits at cost not that would affect our decision I suppose but the gesture would have been nice. Regardless my wife and I are retired and on a fixed income so this isn't happening. I've escalated within DUI and will contact our attorney after the holidays but who knows where that will lead. We should have gone with the local aftermarket dealer to do the work in hindsight. So much for trusting a "reputable" manufacturer. I will update at this saga continues but do yourself a favor and don't trust DUI. All I can hope is that since I won't be diving that I can reach enough people, via social media, to cost DUI more money than they would have spent if they'd done the right thing by its loyal customers.

Pretty rare for any package to actually get lost.
Misplaced for awhile. Yes. Delivered to the wrong address. Absolutely. But gone for good??
make sure dui starts an investigation with ups. Only the sender can do that.
Hopefully they turn up.

Reactions: xan
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom