DUI FLX Extreeme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdwypro

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What do people think about life expectancy.

I am not really sure what you are asking...

DUI makes a very rugged dry suit that should last years and 100s of dives if properly maintained. To me maintenance and proper storage will prolong a suit better than any slight design differences between brands of like/similar dry suits.

Can I send a message only you can see? If not I will wait until DUI answers. Until then I say I love my DUI custom FLX Extreme. I dive a lot, cave and wreck or is it wreck and cave. Do I need a new suit every 2 years?

Responded to your PM.

I would say in general that a dry suit should last more than a few years...

Hi mdwypro -

Life expectancy? That's quite a question. We have some DUI drysuits that are over 20 years old and people are actively diving these today. Divers vary greatly in the amount of diving they do, activities done while diving, etc.,. Think about automobiles for example. One person can put 30K miles on a car in a year and another one 3K. Life expectancy in years will vary.

If you have any concerns about your DUI we are here. Please contact Support@DUI-Online.com or give us a call at 800-325-8439 or 619-236-1203.

Thank you -

Kathy

eric.jpg
This is Eric Wilson in his DUI CF200SE drysuit that has serial #65.

Hi DUI,
My name is Eric Wilson and I am the proud owner of a DUI CF200SE drysuit, serial #65, bought in March 1988 at the Crystal Palace Dive show (London, England) of that year. This photo was recently taken on the west coast of Scotland where I dive every year.

Why did I buy this drysuit? The salesman convinced me it was the best suit on the market at the time by using the point of a dive knife and scoring across the neoprene fabric without leaving a mark!! I recall at the time my dive buddies had bought Viking or Avon drysuits and were forever mending them when they got caught on a sharp edge so a suit that stood up to the demonstration given was extremely attractive. Even more convincing is that after 22 years and some 700+ dives in cold British waters the suit is still going strong albeit on its 3rd zip and several changes of neck and wrist seals. The value for money is superb as my dive buddies have bought 2 or 3 (or more) suits in the intervening years and the DUI has never let me down. Its flexibility and toughness have been a pleasure to use and several times on wreck diving I have been convinced that I would have a hole after been slammed into the sharp metal by Atlantic swell on the Otranto (Islay) or the Tapti (Coll) or just caught myself on a sharp edge. However I have never yet even had a small hole.

The suit has been to Scapa flow three times for a week’s live aboard diving on the WW1 wrecks, to the West coast of Scotland at least once every year, where we have a house on the Ardnamurchan peninsula, year as well as dives in Islay, Skye, Angelsey and around the North East coast of England where I live.

I hope that the suit will continue to last for many years yet and one of my ambitions would be to dive with the suit in its natural home in California in the giant kelp forests to see the otters, although hopefully to avoid the great white sharks.

Eric J Wilson
North Yorkshire, England

I have a cnse suit, a few hundred dives on it. Replaced seals, added a peevalve and removed relief zipper... No real issues in nearly 10 years...

Btw Kathy, when you putting g wrist and neck zip seals on sale ;-)

DUI - Diving Unlimited
My DUI FLX Extreme had a couple issues. I did not think I had more than a ONE year warranty on the custom made suit. What I found out is I had ONE year to do alterations at no charge (within reason) I have a seven year warranty on the workmanship and material on the suit (excluding zipper and valves) they are one year.
Even though the problems I had pertained to my back plate and arm length. DUI could have easily said this is not their fault after over two years of heavy use. Instead they are customizing my waist strap with reinforcement and adjusting my sleeve’s and installing new wrist zip seal adapters at NO charge.
My suggestion is make sure your salesman explains the warranty of your suit. When in doubt call DUI service department direct. DUI also made me feel as if I helped to improve their product, which is great for the EGO. We all know divers have very little ego. (Just kidding about divers having little ego).

---------- Post added February 14th, 2014 at 11:12 AM ----------

DUI - Diving Unlimited
My DUI FLX Extreme had a couple issues. I did not think I had more than a ONE year warranty on the custom made suit. What I found out is I had ONE year to do alterations at no charge (within reason) I have a seven year warranty on the workmanship and material on the suit (excluding zipper and valves) they are one year.
Even though the problems I had pertained to my back plate and arm length. DUI could have easily said this is not their fault after over two years of heavy use. Instead they are customizing my waist strap with reinforcement and adjusting my sleeve’s and installing new wrist zip seal adapters at NO charge.
My suggestion is make sure your salesman explains the warranty of your suit. When in doubt call DUI service department direct. DUI also made me feel as if I helped to improve their product, which is great for the EGO. We all know divers have very little ego. (Just kidding about divers having little ego).

Back
Top Bottom