DUI Drysuit Life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

White Knight

Contributor
Reaction score
Just comparing notes, any opinions on how long my 2 year old DUI CF200 dry suit will last. I just replaced the zip seals (got two years out of the first set) and was kind of wondering if I'll be able to get 10 years out of the suit? I rinse it each time and keep it lightly folded up in a cabinet in the garage between dives. I'd describe myself as taking average care of my gear. Just planning ahead.....

Don't store it in the garage. Temperture fluctuations, chemicals (if you have any) and ozone all degrade the suit material. Store it in your house somewhere cool and dry. Keep the zipper waxed and the seals talc'd and it will hold up well.

2 years is a bit short for the life of a seal. As stated above store it inside and once competely dried storing it in an air tight bag will help. Also keep it away from sources of ozone (natural gas furnace electrical equipement etc) and out of direct sunlight.

If you follow the advice already given, aside from routine replacement of socks, seals and the zipper, your suit could easily last a decade or much more, depending on what you mean by "taking average care".... :D

Dave C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom