dui drysuit exhaust valve vs harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oversea

Reaction score
Since I got my drysuit, the one thing that makes me a bit nuts is that the exhaust valve catches the harness when donning/doffing. I have even loosened my harness a bit to ease it but has not solved the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions in dealing with this?

chicken wing...that's what I do

jason

I've run into that problem a bit.... the solution was deceptively easy. Take the other arm out first :wink:

jonnythan:
I've run into that problem a bit.... the solution was deceptively easy. Take the other arm out first :wink:

I'm spastic, my body does not seem to want to function that way, kinda like writing with the opposite hand (or maybe feet)

oversea:
I'm spastic, my body does not seem to want to function that way, kinda like writing with the opposite hand (or maybe feet)

Have you tried the over the head method?

Yeah, over the head is a great way to clonk yourself or your buddies a good one, no matter how macho it is.

You can try to rotate the dump valve out of the way a little bit before you try to take your arm out..

jonnythan:
Yeah, over the head is a great way to clonk yourself or your buddies a good one, no matter how macho it is.

Not if you do it while you're still in the water. Then it's quite easy. As long as you remember to take off your bungied backup first.

James

I can't think of many diving situations where I'd want to de-rig in the water. I wouldn't do that with a boat or with a shore dive... for the former, I don't want to be in the water with no gear, and for the latter I don't want to carry my whole rig up to the car/table/whatever..

jonnythan:
I can't think of many diving situations where I'd want to de-rig in the water. I wouldn't do that with a boat or with a shore dive... for the former, I don't want to be in the water with no gear, and for the latter I don't want to carry my whole rig up to the car/table/whatever..

I've been on some boats where they ask for the bc, but, you're right, it's not common. However, at the quarry where I spend most of my time, I usually leave the rig right at the waterline near the entry between dives so I usually am still in the water when I doff my rig.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom