DUI drysuit alterations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agunn1

Registered
Reaction score
I am 5'11, 165 lbs, and have to opportunity to get a DUI CLX450 at a great price. However, this suit was custom fitted to an individual who is 5'10, 240 lbs. Will this suit be way too far off for me to use? If so, could I send it back to DUI and get them to alter it to my size (for a price)? Thanks!

I am 5'11, 165 lbs, and have to opportunity to get a DUI CLX450 at a great price. However, this suit was custom fitted to an individual who is 5'10, 240 lbs. Will this suit be way too far off for me to use? If so, could I send it back to DUI and get them to alter it to my size (for a price)? Thanks!

Oh yeah. It's too big. Waaayyy too big for them to do much with it. They'll be practically making a new suit.

If you try to dive it the way it is, it could be really dangerous.

The weight differential seems huge in my opinion. I would imaging with an extra 80 pounds of weight this person would have a bigger neck, bigger waist, bigger everything!

Can you try the suit on?

My suit is quite snug and I like it like that. You definetely don't want a garbage bag flopping around you in the water.

Well seeing that I am taller - 5'11/6', and the waist can be "folded over" and buckled to pick up the slack, when combined with a heavy undergarment (diving in Canada) I figured it might be okay.

ps... I think that dannobee has it right, just looking for other opinions from people experienced with these suits. The price (500 bucks) is right, and would be worth spending extra for alterations.

the waist can be "folded over" and buckled to pick up the slack

That seems like it would be rather hard to handle. I could see gas getting trapped in there.

I am a 5'11" woman and not fat. An aquaintance brought along a drysuit he thought would fit me and would be a "great deal". The only problem, it was a DUI womens XL and the suit was way too big. I was very uncomfortable diving with it and it had so many creases, they dug through my undergarment and irritated my skin.

No - don't buy something that big. Just my 2c

I would save your money and get a custom drysuit. It would fit better and the air bubble will be easier to manage.

Your build is similar to mine 6'0" and 165lbs and I fit in the stock medium perfectly. I would not screw around with buying a suit and having to alter it. You might call DUI but my guess is that it will cost you more than what you will pay for the suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom