DUI dry glove/ZIP seal maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeaceDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Was curious as to what you guys do with your ZIP drygloves when the dive is over. Do you takethem off the suit, or do you leave them on?

i would think that leaving them on prevents the arms and inside of the gloves from ever fully drying out from sweat/condensation.

Then again as much as I use my drysuit, taking the gloves on and off with that much regularity cannot be good for the ZIP seal.

Thoughts?

PS: I'm not sure how I'll ever dive with wet gloves again. Certainly never with a drysuit.

I have the same question as you have. So, I have talked with DUI tech.

They recommend

"The only time that I take the zip seals off is when I don't plan on diving
for at lease a month. I will take the zip seal off and put them in a zip lock
bag. By putting the zip seal in a bag it just make them last a little longer."

I hope this will help to answer your questions.

PeaceDog:
Was curious as to what you guys do with your ZIP drygloves when the dive is over. Do you takethem off the suit, or do you leave them on?

i would think that leaving them on prevents the arms and inside of the gloves from ever fully drying out from sweat/condensation.

Then again as much as I use my drysuit, taking the gloves on and off with that much regularity cannot be good for the ZIP seal.

Thoughts?

PS: I'm not sure how I'll ever dive with wet gloves again. Certainly never with a drysuit.

You need to invest in some sort of drier/rack for your suit or it will stink. Their should be some links on this board out there.

PeaceDog:

Thoughts?

Dan Gibson:
You need to invest in some sort of drier/rack for your suit or it will stink. Their should be some links on this board out there.

I use a shoulder saver hanger and, after cleaning the suit, hang it until it's dry. I then turn the suit inside-out and wait for the inside to dry. Why do you need to invest in some sort of rack?

I like to get the suit totally dry before it starts to stink in the garage. It gets pretty hot in the garage and the suit can get pretty rank in no time. I use a homemade rack using PVC attached to a drier meant for wadders. It dries pretty quick using a heater that does not get too hot. On the road I use a portable blower so my suit is completely dry for the next day of diving. Just hanging it up won't get the feet completely dry most of the time. I hate stepping into a wet drysuit before a dive.

coreypenrose:
I use a shoulder saver hanger and, after cleaning the suit, hang it until it's dry. I then turn the suit inside-out and wait for the inside to dry. Why do you need to invest in some sort of rack?

He is talking about this.
I am wondering if you still need a blower with TLS350 that is very quick dried....
I have seen these kinds of rack at DIY forums and got the spec and materials sources, but I don't make it yet because TLS350 is a darn quick to be dried, even inside....

It might be an issue to other models of suit though.....

Did you put UV tech spray on the seal?

How was last Saturday diving at BS?:wink:

Dan Gibson:
I like to get the suit totally dry before it starts to stink in the garage. It gets pretty hot in the garage and the suit can get pretty rank in no time. I use a homemade rack using PVC attached to a drier meant for wadders. It dries pretty quick using a heater that does not get too hot. On the road I use a portable blower so my suit is completely dry for the next day of diving. Just hanging it up won't get the feet completely dry most of the time. I hate stepping into a wet drysuit before a dive.

In particular, see post no. 1 in this link.
http://www.thedecostop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14115
That is the rack I am using and the suit pictured is one of my suits.
Turbo soles are not that fast to dry on the inside if they get wet. I would never use a high heat. The heat in this unit just radiates. On the road, a portable blower for the hotel room works pretty good. If it's cold any they are being too stuborn to dry, I can also use my skiboot driers to finish off the process.

I don't put anything on my seals. I should talc them, but I'm a little lazy.

Last weekend was nice because I finally got to practice with some of my buddies. We were getting a little rusty on the drills. I had not been in the water for about one month due to some wicked allergies. My sinuses have been toast lately.

hoosier:
He is talking about this.
I am wondering if you still need a blower with TLS350 that is very quick dried....
I have seen these kinds of rack at DIY forums and got the spec and materials sources, but I don't make it yet because TLS350 is a darn quick to be dried, even inside....

It might be an issue to other models of suit though.....

Did you put UV tech spray on the seal?

How was last Saturday diving at BS?:wink:

LOL~~~That's the place what I got the info. But, I wanted to be stick to SB source for others...... I have already saved your attachments....... So, you are using two different IDs.:wink: That's true. It will be a good for the ski boots and gloves. I didn't know that you are playing ski. We only have a Paoli here. It is a joke.... LOL~~~

Dan Gibson:
In particular, see post no. 1 in this link.
http://www.thedecostop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14115
That is the rack I am using and the suit pictured is one of my suits.
Turbo soles are not that fast to dry on the inside if they get wet. I would never use a high heat. The heat in this unit just radiates. On the road, a portable blower for the hotel room works pretty good. If it's cold any they are being too stuborn to dry, I can also use my skiboot driers to finish off the process.

I don't put anything on my seals. I should talc them, but I'm a little lazy.

Last weekend was nice because I finally got to practice with some of my buddies. We were getting a little rusty on the drills. I had not been in the water for about one month due to some wicked allergies. My sinuses have been toast lately.

DiveSki is my GF's ID. She also built the racks. I don't ever finish projects like that, so she gets to do that stuff.

The reason I used that link was because it's the only one I know of that uses radiant heat instead of a blower.

I have never skied in state before; only Europe and out west.

hoosier:
LOL~~~That's the place what I got the info. But, I wanted to be stick to SB source for others...... I have already saved your attachments....... So, you are using two different IDs.:wink: That's true. It will be a good for the ski boots and gloves. I didn't know that you are playing ski. We only have a Paoli here. It is a joke.... LOL~~~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom