DUI Dog Days at Mermet Oct 6-7, 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do it easy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My current drysuit has seen better days, so I'm thinking about heading down for this event and was wondering if anyone else was planning on going.

Tickets are $8 in advance, $13 at the door. Glen has a reduced entry fee of $15 for test divers. Did I mention that you get a free hat?

The event is 9am-5pm Saturday and 9am-4pm Sunday. Lunch is 11am-2pm. There is a Saturday evening dinner, although I'm not sure if there is a separate fee for it.

Things to Bring
Basic scuba equipment including mask, snorkel, open heel fins, regulator with octopus and gauges, tank, weights, BCD, and hood. We will have over 100 drysuits available so we should have plenty for all. We will have larger fins available in case your fins do not fit the drysuit boots. We also have DUI hoods, BCS systems and Weight & Trim systems available for demo.
While you are welcome to bring undergarments of your own, we will have Polartec®, Thinsulate® and polar fleece garments to demo as well as booties to wear on your feet inside the drysuit.
Diver certification card and credit card for deposit
Wear clothing appropriate for the weather and bring your own favorite snacks, drinks, etc.
Cameras are a great idea. We will be happy to take pictures of you and your friends.
More info from the DUI website

More info about Mermet Springs

Been there last year event. It was a great fun and Glen was ready to help any divers at the spot. In addition, they have the new modern toilet, hot shower, and locker room.

Did you buy a suit or where there just for the BBQ? :D

I'm considering a CLX450, but I've never tried a shell suit and I'm a freshwater wuss, so I thought it would be a good idea to try it first.

I was already DUI Dog last year. I bought mine after attending on DUI Dog a few years ago. Initially We (My GF and I) went to the event to get measured because we didn't have DUI dealer in my region (Yeah even though there are one, they even didn't have a display or demo model at that time). I couldn't decide between DC and DUI. The assistance at the event made me to grab the DUI, actually two DUI suits.

I went to there last year to check out 50/50 and 30/30 as my back-up suit.
I have checked out CLX450 as well. It is too heavy for me.

DUI doesn't sell the suit at the site. You might meet many regional dealer though..
You can see who is good or bad among the dealers depending on their assistance.

Got a notice from DAN today and they are doing some deal with Mermet. Not sure what it is since I didn't check it out. Not going so I just trashed the email. More info on DAN's site.

I got that email as well.

$3 off for on-site admission. Not that much...

$8: In advance ticket on DUI website
$13: on-site admission
$10: DAN D/C for on-site admission.

Back
Top Bottom