DUI Customer Service..THANK YOU

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alibi 2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I would really like to thank those at DUI's customer service that assisted me with my recent problems with getting wet in my new TLS drysuit. I was contacted by pm and phone to kick around all the possiblities for my problems..I returned the suit to DUI so they could examine it..

DUI was great about replacing valves even thou they couldnt find anything defective, just in case...once the suit was returned and I dove with it again, I again got very wet, soaking,,,but this time I could actually feel the neckseal burp away from my neck and the water flooding in...on a close inspection of the neck seal we realized it was too large...I realized that since ordering the suit i have been losing weight...and since the time of order and this last dive i had lost 30 pounds....

We remeasured the neck and recut a new seal. I also talked with customer service about placement of the neck seal and movement of the head that could cause leaking. They had me closely examing my neck looking for tendons that will protrud with certian movements and could open a water leak channel. I have now made 6 more dives and only got slightly wet on one. The rest I was dry and warm. On the one dive i got wet on I was working with students and making a lot of head movements extending the head way back and looking up...I had also used KY jelly to lube the neck seal and it was more slippery ... on a pool dive i got damp but i was demoing how to get out of being inverted and doing lots of sumersaults, so i would expect a little leaking..

I would have to say that the suit is working great now. Im totally enjoying staying dry, and Im very pleased with my new friends in the DUI customer service. They really listened to my concerns, spent a lot of time working with me to track down the cause of my problems and fix them. I was treated like a member of they're family and even asked for ideas on how they could better respond or explain how to identify problems such as the one i experianced and what steps to take to fix the problem using online video library on their site..This would allow a better forum to seek answers to questions.

So thank you DUI, your product is awesome and so are you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom