DUI crotch strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grey Goose

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just dove my new flx extreme. As for the suit's crotch strap, how tight do folks tighten this? I dive a Bp/w and its crotch strap is tight (tighter than the suit's). So I was thinking that the suit's strap does not need to be particular tight. Thoughts?

You can scientifically measure the octave you speak at to figure out personal preference.

WARNING!!! Don't breath high helium content trimix before conducting this exercise.
Damnit, there goes another keyboard ....

Hi. This is Kathy with DUI. Tstorediver is correct. The strap is worn loose.

Thanks Scuba in Chicago. With the benefit of your earlier advice, I now don't have to contend with talking in that high pitched voice. This is, without a doubt, much safer for me and my dive buddies, as I was afraid of attracting all kinds of dangerous aquatic wildlife checking out my high-pitched squeaks. A tremendous service you've delivered :).

loose or tight has no real function. The test is what happens to he tank when your wing is inflated and you are vertical a the surface. If the tank is moving up too far the crotch strap is to loose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom