DUI color poll + user pictures

Which color looks best on your DUI suit?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepocean

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently in the process of buying a DUI TLS 350 Signature Expedition suit.

I am thinking really hard on which I should take. All inputs (even the ones with the funny pictures :) ) are welcome.

Here are my thoughts on this:

I will definitively chose for Style 1 with though duck and with the one of the following colors:

Black is nice but everyone in the DIR factory wears this color.
Black & Blue is nice but same as above.
Black & Red is nice but same as above.

Black & Charcoal: Very nice and although increasingly popular color still in the minority.

Black & feminine colors like pink, orange: are no option. Although if you have a funny pictures feel free to post it :D

Would be nice to see some user pictures with these colors. Or perhaps even next to each other.

Thanks everyone.

I am still aggravated that my buddy got maroon/blk because I then did not want to get the same even though I desired it. Still looks the best color after 3 years of staring at it every dive. Looks good both on men and women, distinctive enough color against black but dark enough not to look grungy with heavy use. Most colors look just "dark" in the waters I dive so that was not a big issue with the choice for me.

Black with yellow & royal blue accent. See my avatar. One thing though,.... the yellow has faded some because of some pool dives I've done. I chose those colors so that a student can easily identify me.

Yes this is exactly what I hear and quiet often too. Bright colors seem to fade away in time quiet rapidly. But I am not an instructor anyway so it wont be much of an issue for me.

I've got black and royal blue on my 30/30...

RJP3.JPG

...and black and midnight blue with grey piping on my TLS 350.

The royal blue is light enough to show some staining and grunge (that's what I get for crawling around lower engine rooms and such, I suppose!) but the midnight blue still looks like new after nearly 200 wreck dives.

A suit to suit comparison picture would be nice!

I've got black and royal blue on my 30/30...

RJP3.JPG

...and black and midnight blue with grey piping on my TLS 350.

The royal blue is light enough to show some staining and grunge (that's what I get for crawling around lower engine rooms and such, I suppose!) but the midnight blue still looks like new after nearly 200 wreck dives.

Yes this is exactly what I hear and quiet often too. Bright colors seem to fade away in time quiet rapidly. But I am not an instructor anyway so it wont be much of an issue for me.

The fading has been caused by the 4- 5 pool dives I have done with that suit for my technical courses. It is faded, but not so bad that you can't tell what color it's supposed to be. My cave instructor says he likes it also, because it makes it easier for him to keep track of me, since everyone else has the darker colors.

The fading has been caused by the 4- 5 pool dives I have done with that suit for my technical courses. It is faded, but not so bad that you can't tell what color it's supposed to be. My cave instructor says he likes it also, because it makes it easier for him to keep track of me, since everyone else has the darker colors.

So lets see if you want the best chances of being rescued in a cave: take yellow or pink. hmm tempting :wink:

By the way I see that DUI has introduced some new color patterns. I wish they would have introduced more solid patterns to choose from when choosing Though Duck overlay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom