DUI CLx450

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lucid

Contributor
Reaction score
-
I was finally able to dive with my DUI CLx450 this past weekend. I took the PADI drysuit course and did my pool work in the lagoon in Key Largo (Nasty Place). Then I did a couple of shallow reef dives on Sunday. I was really surprised with how little weight I needed. I was expecting to wear 20+ pounds but found that I was ok with 8 pounds. This is with Double Neutral Bouyant 80's. I Figure that switching my ABS BP to a SS I should be able to cut the weight down to about 2#'s. Is this normal?

How much weight do you wear with your Drysuit?

Your weighting will depend a lot on your
undergarments. What were you wearing?
400G thinsulate can give like 20lbs of lift.

Also you were checking weighting with
3-5 hundred PSI in your tanks, right?
Do those NB tanks swing from -6 to 0 apiece?

Kell

Lucid-

I dive the same suit (clx 450) with DUI 400G thinsulate in saltwater I wear 36 lbs and fresh water dives 30 lbs. This gives me enough weight to where I can dive comfortably without having the suit squeeze me during dives. I probably could dive 2-3 lbs lighter but the suit would squeeze down on the family jewels.

Hope you enjoy the clx 450 and to answer your other question in your other post. I had the same foot problem but I was wearing foot booties that had the same seam in the same spot as the DUI suit, so I stopped wearing the foot booties and went to two pairs of wool socks.

Enjoy,
Aaron

lucid once bubbled...
How tight is too tight? During my training dives I was barely putting any air in the suit. Just enough to make just a little uncomfortable. How much do you put in?

Comfortable to me is the drysuit isn't squeezing me at all. I dive to where I use my drysuit as my bouyancy compensator, so the suit never squeezes me.

So if you wear little weight than its less air you have in your drysuit, so to make up for comfort add 1-3 lbs so it takes a little more air in the suit to keep you neutral. This makes the suit more comfortable since you have more air in the suit.

I don't know if you dive the same way or not. Some people are taught to put some air in their drysuit and then use their BC's for bouyancy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom