DUI CLX 450...Thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimJam

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a DUI TLS 350 that is about 5 years old. It is in good shape, but I haven't worn it in a couple of years, and it appears to have "shrunk" on me...ok, maybe I put on a few pounds. But either way, I am considering a DUI CLX 450. This seems a really good suit, I've looked at other drysuits and I like DUI the best, so I am confident in the brand. Does anyone have an opinion about this particular model?

On a side note, one of the problems I'm having with my current suit is a suction in the boots that makes it REAL hard to get my foot into the boot. I've experienced this before, but never to the extent that I seem to be having now. Are there any solutions for this...I tried talc, I tried fashioning a shoe horn and neither seems to really help all that much. These are the old school rubber boots, not the rock boots.

I have two Signature 50/50 versions of the 450 (with the CF200 bottom). We love them and they look pretty much like the day we bought them. I believe Mo2vation also has a similar type of suit.

They won't dry as quickly as your TLS. However, they get reasonably dry during our SI out here in Monterey.

JimJam:
I have a DUI TLS 350 that is about 5 years old. It is in good shape, but I haven't worn it in a couple of years, and it appears to have "shrunk" on me...ok, maybe I put on a few pounds. But either way, I am considering a DUI CLX 450. This seems a really good suit, I've looked at other drysuits and I like DUI the best, so I am confident in the brand. Does anyone have an opinion about this particular model?

On a side note, one of the problems I'm having with my current suit is a suction in the boots that makes it REAL hard to get my foot into the boot. I've experienced this before, but never to the extent that I seem to be having now. Are there any solutions for this...I tried talc, I tried fashioning a shoe horn and neither seems to really help all that much. These are the old school rubber boots, not the rock boots.

I have a TLS and a CLX. I greatly prefer the TLS. It is more comfortable and dries faster. The CLX wears about as fast as the TLS on areas where the harnass rubs and I don't have any need for the slightly greater in water abrasion resistance of the CLX.

I am a trilam fan. Just got a new one custom cut with rock boots and zip seals. Love it.
Knowing DUI quality i am sure the CLF suit is fine. The shop I work for has some in rental, But I haven't had a CLF suit on since I tried em out and decided on the TLS 10 years ago.

Talk to the voice of experience: me! http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=99985&highlight=TLS350.

The one addition to this prior post is that I have ordered an Apeks high profile exhaust valve. I love the SiTech inflator but the SiTech exhaust drains much slower than my old Apeks. I am going to switch back to the Apeks for the exhaust but I am keeping the SiTech inflator. That would be the only change I would make to this suit.

I have the Clx 50/50 (Clx 450 top/Cf200 bottom).

I have the rock boots, Zipper pockets, P-valve, Old style zipper, and the dump valve mounted on the top of my mid forearm.

If I was to do it again I would get the same suit!! Love it!!

I have a DUI CLx450, and I love it! I agree that DUI has an excellent reputation (through product AND staff.)

If, however, you're still considering a different model, hit your local dive shop and take the 450 out for a test-drive.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask! (My opinion is always available -- not that it's worth much! Ha!)

Cheers, Jeff

I have a custom DUI CLX-450 and absolutely love it! I don't use the rock boot, just a Tilos half bootie over my foot to protect the sole and add traction. I also have the extra long Kevlar knee pads. And of course a P-Valve! For undergarments I have both the DUI 400 thinsulate for really cold weather and the Powerstretch 300 for the rest of the time.

I had one stolen while in Mexico and as soon as I got my insurance money, promptly ordered a new one. The only thing different I did on this second round was to add zip-seals.

Same as Jim. CLX 450 w/ p-valve, latex seals, w/o rock boots, just socks with soles on them. I have a lot of dives on it and it has held up well. I would get it again.

Jerry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom