DUI CF200x CF200SE front entry or shoulder entry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdwypro

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have worn out my FLX Extreme in two years. I am going to get fitted tomorrow to purchase a CF 200. The shoulder entry I save a lot of money 4-5 hundred.$$$. I am used to my front entry. I am going to get custom fit suit. Do I have an advantage going to shoulder entry? I don’t think it telescopes with shoulder so it should be tighter fit. I was very happy with comfort of FLX extreme, but it just didn’t take my regiment. I wreck and cave dive. Wreck is in the Great Lakes. I plan on having the extreme repaired I will use it for cave. A new CF200 is a big investment. I never use the pee valve. If I get in a long hour dive, I think I will go with a diaper instead. Once I am in water I am ok not to pee, it's when I get out. Shoulder will make that harder. (Do not want to use diaper unless just safety valve) I may have them put reinforcement for p valve but not install valve. One other thing I have seen DUI new pockets, very cool. But I cannot find good pictures on their web site. Its pictures in many cases are POOR, dry suit included. Unless I am looking in wrong place?
DUI did offer to check my suit, I did send in pictures. My problem is I have not stopped diving long enough to ship it back. Hopefully they can give me some sort of discount on this next purchase. Two years and one month ago I was told my custom made FLX extreme will be the last dry suit I will ever need. All in all DUI gives good service and has a unique product. My only rap on them is when I complain in public or in private I am the only one with that problem. Sounds like my boat captain, Capt. Bob “we never have more than two foot seas” How about a % discount DUI??? I would even take a free repair on the FLX even though it’s out of warranty. I personally think the 450 would have been more durable upper. CF200 for sure this time.
Original question,
CF200 is “should I buy shoulder or front entry”? I am an old man, not fat but not skinny either.
confused2.gif

Hello!

Thank you for your inquiry about Shoulder Entry versus Front Entry and the repair on your FLX Extreme. To answer your question, it truly does come down to personal preference. However, I can give you a couple differences that may help you determine the better suit for you.

A Shoulder Entry suit is a slimmer fitting suit. Some folks find the zipper across the back to be restrictive across the shoulders and some do not find it to be an issue at all. Keep in mind, you are unable to reach the zipper yourself, so you will need someone to help get you zipped and unzipped. Some find the Shoulder Entry suit easier to don, particularly if they have restriction in their shoulders and can not bend their arm back at all. You are correct that it would be more difficult to use the bathroom right after a dive if you do not have someone right there to unzip you. However, you could have a relief zipper installed. The relief zipper is a horizontal waterproof zipper located right above the crotch.

A Front Entry suit allows the diver to get in and out of the suit themselves. It does have the telescoping torso which aids in ease of donning, particularly when lifting the suit over your head.

In regards to your FLXExtreme, you mentioned your FLXExtreme is only 2 years old and you thought it was out of warranty. Your suit comes with a 7 year warranty, so it appears as though your suit is well within the warranty time frame. We would be more than happy to take a look at it for you and evaluate it for a warranty repair.

You also asked for a picture of the pockets. You can see them on our site at DUI drysuit pockets .

Please let me know if you have any additional questions at all or if you would like to send your FLXExtreme in to us. We are here for you!

Thank you!
Jessica
DUI

7 years, thats great!!!! I did order a new Custom fit CF200 front entry from Shipwreck adventure in Two Rivers, Wi. Living 200 miles from Greg Such's shop in Chicago it is an "Adventure" to get measured. Lot of planning and work too. I was under the assumtion that I only had one year warranty. Is it that I had one year for allterations? I did have DUI change my foot size in that time frame, which made my suit much more cumfortable. Greg did inspect my FLX exrtreeme, he thought upon inspection DUI would take care of the problem. Greg from Shipwreck Adventure is also going to check with a few more customers he sold FLX e's to. Greg did tell me the CF200 came with a 7 year warranty, I honestly believe he was not aware that the FLXe came with th same.
I see you have pictures on proper insalation on silicone seals that great, I encouraged that when silicone seals first came out. The way they look instaled properly was a debate amongst divers.
In 2013 I finishe full cave , trained and became a Dive Master, Did most of my technical Cave and my trimix class. For fun abot 60 decompresion wreck dives. This year may not be as intense. But I look forward to the extra thermal protection I will get with the 200. I do enjoy the FLEX e lightness and drytime for travel and cave. With proper undergarment had no problem in 35 degree water, (dry gloves of course).
I will send you the FLX as soon as my CF 200 arrives .
The pictures on your website of pockets or even the differences between the front entry and shoulder entry are not very good. no details can be seen. I found better out there from your vendors, still not enough. Did see your new pockets in person with multiple compartments, vey cool. Could not make them out in a photo especially anything black. I am not saying I could do better, but I could try. I know how much you spend on somthing like website. Maybee the photographer dosn't dive. It would be nice to see the inside of a pocket. Or see the shoulder entry zipper. Hopfully I am not being to rough. I wan't to see detail's.

Thanks Jessica your the best, You always take care of me.

Funny how eventually we all end up in the same spot. I also have cf200 for wrecks and about a year ago added flx extreme for caving and travel. Love the bulletproof feel of cf200 but weight and time to dry were always an issue while traveling so I ended ordering the extreme.

My cf200 is back zipper while flx extreme is front zipper. I like both of them though with a bit tougher material of cf200, I am happy not to have the telescoping torso and have the slimmer fit. As Jessica said, you could put a relief zipper to have an easy "access"; I opted for p-valve on both suits and never look back. Enjoy your new cf200, mine and my son's are indestructible even with Great Lakes shipwrecks abuse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom