Dual tank Quick Disconnect?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmdoss

Reaction score
would the tec community be interested in a quick disconnect for their doubles from the plate, without having to unscrew them?

What? Something like this by Metalsub?

qr3.jpg

more here: http://www.metalsub.nl/eng/prod_4_3.asp

What are you offering or suggesting?

well, more like a hook on top and a latch "kinda like a car hood latch on the bottom" so if you wanted to put it on you just set the top on 1st then push the bottom on so the latch catch's. with a spring to hold it firm. ???

dmdoss:
well, more like a hook on top and a latch "kinda like a car hood latch on the bottom" so if you wanted to put it on you just set the top on 1st then push the bottom on so the latch catch's. with a spring to hold it firm. ???

ok, got a pic/drawing or illustration of it?

nope not yet, i'll work on that, just wondering if the interest is there before spending to much time on it.

It looks like the current two screws design is much simpler and less failure point :wink:

It's pretty easy to screw or unscrew two bolts. I don't know of too many people who would opt for a QD.

No need to reinvent the wheel..I dont see anything wrong with the bands and bolt system

Back
Top Bottom