Closed: DSS BP, size Large, w/weight plates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am selling a Deep Sea Supply stainless steel back plate. It is a size Large and in very good shape. The DSS specs say 5.8# for the plate. I did not weight it myself.

I also have 2 sets of bolt-on weight plates for it. The standard ones weigh 8 # and include the screws to mount them to the back plate. I did weigh these and the other weight plates.

The other set is, I was told, a prototype set made by DSS. They weigh 2.4#. I have never used them. I guess you could add them onto the other weight plates for an extra 10.4# of weight, or you could use them by themselves for just 2.4# of extra weight.

Because I have never used the 2.4# plates, I don't KNOW the fine points of mounting them. The mounting screws for the heavy plates are threaded for the lighter plates also. But, if you mount the light plates by themselves, the screws are probably long enough to stick through the BP and weight and rub whatever is on the other side (i.e. the wing). Probably not a problem in real life, as the wing would normally be floating up away from the BP when you're diving. If you mount both sets of plates, the screws are probably long enough to hold them all, but, like I said, I have never tried it.

I would like $160 for everything, plus shipping. I am not interested in splitting things up. At least, not yet. The weight plates are sized to match the BP size, so I would like to sell it all together. If it doesn't move, then I may change my mind later.

2017-10-12 11.43.33.jpg
2017-10-12 11.45.15.jpg

Pm sent

This is still available. But, I have a buyer interested in just the heavy weight plates, so if someone wants the BP and only the lighter weight plates (with no screws for attaching them), I can do that.

BP and only the lighter weight plates for $110 plus shipping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom