DSAT Table information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rmarrs

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been asked before. I've looked and can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Are there algorithms that the DSAT/RGBM tables are derived from? If so, where can I find more information on them.

I'm working on some software and am trying to integrate planning into it. I found the VPM-B/E formulas, and would like to find something similar for DSAT/RGBM.

I don't want to release too much information about the software at this point, because I have a habit of getting started on a project and then run into conflicts and can't finish it, but I will say it'll be open source and available to everyone for free if/when I finish it. So if the formulas are some sort of trade secret subject to licenses, then by all means, please don't disclose them.

DSAT does not have an RGBM algorithm as far as I know.

Hello rmarrs:

The term that you used in the post was DSAT/RGBM. The DSAT Recreational Dive Planner is strictly a Haldane-type of decompression model.

A booklet describing the development and test was written and sold by DSAT at one time. I have no idea if any copies can be purchased anymore. The address of DSAT is below.

Good Luck!

Dr Deco :doctor:

References

Diving Science and Technology
dominiquew@dsatproductions.com
30151 Tomas Street, Suite 100
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
92688-2125

800 729-7234 x2339
949 858-1410 fax

I appologize, what I had meant by that was DSAT the formulas for either or. I didn't mean to imply they were the same :)

I appreciate the info Dr. I will give them a call and see what I can find out.

Thanks!

hello marrs:

I note that I forgot to include the name of the booklet.

Hamilton, RW, RE Rodgers, MR Powell, and RD Vann. Development And Validation Of No-stop Decompression Procedures For Recreational Diving. Diving Science and Technology. (Pp. 78 + appendix). February 28, (1994)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom