DS125 in Nanaimo BC area.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My-way

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi everyone.

I have just got my hands on a DS 125 and would like some ideas on actually how to use it correctly.

I will be doing a few dives in the Nanaimo area shortly, what will be the best effective use of the strobe in those dark and murky waters?

Oh yes, I have a C4040 in an Ikelite housing.

Cheers,

Andrew

You dare to cast aspersions! Nanaimo is a really beautiful area that often has really decent vis. Enjoy your trip!

Speaking of dark, I find the built in modeling light on the strobe to be a really great feature. It's really tough to juggle a camera and a flashlight, and it's powerful enough to fill the role. Battery on the strobe is awesome and should last for two dives easily even with the modeling light on most of the time.

Beyond that, there are volumes of advise on proper use and settings for the combined system on this board alone. I might suggest a couple of hours spent in the pool before your trip.

Dave

Yes I have found that recently, say the last 3 months (save for the past 10 days as I have been in the Rockies), the waters off Nanaimo have been dark and certainly murky in the first 10 meters and someimes down to 20 meters. Unfortunately I can not stay for winter, diving for the the whole summer and part of Spring and Autum will have to suffice.

It was not an aspersion as I have also found the diving great, with large macro life that is different to what I have at home.

I am simply after a few quick pointers as to what first settings I should try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom