Drysuit Weighting question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matnik

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just purchased a Bare HD Tech Dry, Trilam drysuit, with super highloft underwear, In a full suit in freshwater, what would be a ball park on weight. 175 pounds 5'8", Diving concept drygloves, 7/5 Bare drysuit hood. Aluminum 80, with Sherwood Magmun B/C. Atomic split fins. I currently dive 22 pounds in a Bare Supra 7 mill., 14 pounds was ok in drysuit in the pool.

I'd start with the 22# depending on your undergarments, adjust accordingly.
There are 2 many variables for anyone to give you a direct response.

Bottom line is, you need to dive the suit and do a weight check at the end of your dive or/and a pre-check at the surface with suit and gear and re-check at end of dive.

Enjoy your new suit!

I'd start with the 22# depending on your undergarments, adjust accordingly.
There are 2 many variables for anyone to give you a direct response.

Bottom line is, you need to dive the suit and do a weight check at the end of your dive or/and a pre-check at the surface with suit and gear and re-check at end of dive.

Enjoy your new suit!
Ditto! Diving dry rocks!

If you are just looking for a starting point to add/subtract from: I trim out with the same weight in my Trilam Mares with full undergarment as I do with my 7mm wetsuit - both using a 80AL tank in fresh water. For me its 28lbs but I'm heavier (210) and a little taller (5'10'').

With the super hi-loft, I wouldn't be surprised if you needed more. Don't fret if you find you need 30+lb, especially with the AL80.

If you end up with too much lead, consider the following:
- SS BP/W, SS BP's come in various sizes and weight (plus you'll need less lead to sink it, unlike your current BC)
- steel tank, that should remove another 3-5 lb

In total, the above suggestions can help shave 5-10 lb of you in lead. Everything counts. :)

p.s. Good luck with only 14lbs and that setup, I see a cork scenario in the near future. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom