Drysuit undergarment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jefffalcone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm trying to make my own drysuit undergarments. Does anyone know where I can find a good sewing pattern?

what about Kwik sew pattern: 2335 (view A)

I would suggest altering the pattern so instead of the many colours (and seams) you have the leg just as one piece. plus if you look at the pattern you will see a blue side seam, if it was me, instead of making this a seperate peice of fabric i would incorporate it into the font/back fabric to reduce the number of seams you end up creating in the garment

2335.gif

http://www.kwiksew.com/Cold_Fusion/catalog/Frame_New.cfm

This is perfect!!
Thanks. I'm pretty inexperienced with sewing. I tried doing a search, but my head started to hurt as I was weeding through all the haloween costumes and baby clothes.
Thanks again,
Jeff

oh - and if your not familar with sewing, use a woolley nylon thread for your upper loop as this will give the garment some stretch when you stretch the fabric

using the normal thread for both upper and bobbin will mean that when you stretch the seams you risk the thread snapping with the tension

Thanks for all the tips.I didn't even know there are different types of thread. I was already on to malden mills. I live in Massachussetts, so they're practically my neighbors. I just ordered the pattern. I'll let you know how it comes out.

ideally you would use a overlocker (i think you guys call it a serger over there) for the seams so that you overlock the seams at the same time as sewing and this will ensure the fabric wont fray, although the polartec wouldnt fray too much is my guess

i dont know how much sewing experience you have but GOODLUCK!! will be very interested in knowing how you go

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom