Drysuit Undergarment Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clydewilson41

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I just bought a Compressed Neoprene Drysuit. I haven't used it yet but have been diving in the local quarry all winter in a 8/7mm semi-dry. I'm wondering how much I need under the suit to stay reasonably warm in water between 42 and 48 degrees. My dive buddies all have trilam suits and they dive in what is pretty much a heavy sweat shirt and pants. I figured i would need less. I'm leaning toward a Fourth Element XeroTherm baselayer but not sure if that will be enough. Any advice would be appreciated.

I dive in similar waters. I used to dive in a crushed neoprene dry suit and wore comfortably a Fourth Element Halo 3D undergarment. When the zipper failed, I got soaked, but I didn't realize it. I knew something wasn't right, but I couldn't tell as I was still warm.

In the 40's I would wear an insulating base layer and my Thermal Fusion garment. I've lost some bioprene so now I'll be in a Fourth Element Halo 3D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom