Drysuit "under"boots. Help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSixString

Contributor
Reaction score
I have potentially found a good deal on a drysuit that will fit well everywhere but the feet. My waterski feet (dry land size 13s) may not fit into the suit's size 12 boots (not the outer "rockboots" but the ones that are attached to the suit) Is there a way to replace the boots on the suit?

Its a BARE XCD2 crushed neoprene suit

thanks

Scuba Six

ScubaSixString:
I have potentially found a good deal on a drysuit that will fit well everywhere but the feet. My waterski feet (dry land size 13s) may not fit into the suit's size 12 boots (not the outer "rockboots" but the ones that are attached to the suit) Is there a way to replace the boots on the suit?

Its a BARE XCD2 crushed neoprene suit

thanks

Scuba Six

Wow, man, you should take up bare-foot water-skiing! You'd be a natural! :D

ScubaSixString:
Is there a way to replace the boots on the suit?

Scuba Six

Changing the boots out is a common maintainance item. Not as common as changing out a wrist seal but the same idea. The good news is that you get you get to decide what kind of new boots you want. Soft "socks" that fit inside "rock boots". This is what I have and it makes hiking over rocks or trails easy. I have a Bare suit and had the the socks put it and use DUI's rock boots. I had the socks custom made to my feet (I have 4E width feet) out of crushed neoprene. It wasn't even expensive.

The down side is that I need XXL fins to fit over the rock boots.

The other option you have is to go with boots that have soles molded into them. Then you can skip the overboots and use smaller fins that make better contact with your feet. This would be the setup for a diver who only divesoff boats os at least does not walk far to the water.

What they do is apply a solvent to the seam. After a few minutes of brushing it on the glue just melts.

I also have a Bare XCD2 and yes, they will do any of the above options options for you. Another option would be to have the soft neoprene socks / boots put on and then use a regular pair of thick soled wet boots over them. It's not optimal but it can be done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom