Drysuit Storage In Car

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaTrent

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am part of a volunteer search and rescue team, so I have my own equipment. I am trying to find a good way to store my drysuit. I know extreme temperatures are bad for the drysuit/seals. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have considered bringing my drysuit inside at my work.

Trent

I am part of a volunteer search and rescue team, so I have my own equipment. I am trying to find a good way to store my drysuit. I know extreme temperatures are bad for the drysuit/seals. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Trent

What does everyone else on the team do? What team do you belong to in Iowa? I am located in South Dakota.

Trent

I'd bring inside, particularly if your workspace is Air Conditioned vs leaving it in a hot car.

Tobin

I would also think that during a search or rescue would be an in-opportune time to have an equipment failure due to improper storage. I guess that risk could well be weighed against the cost in time to acquire your equipment from whatever proper storage you might be able to find. Ehhh darned if you do and darned if you don't. Pretend I never responded...

Plain and simple, leave it in the car and it it might not be ready when needed...which defeats the purpose of having it to start with. If you are trying to put on a dry suit, then it is only a recovery and not a rescue. Seals will melt with heat.

Leaving it at the office or home would be best. However this is not the greatest solution for a rescue situation. Does your team always have a response vehicle enroute to the scene? If you always have a response vehicle enroute to the scene from your station. You could have an SOG that states on water rescues/recoveries to have first responder at station to put dry suits on responding vehicle. This is what works best for our team.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom