Drysuit size help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IvanM

Registered
Reaction score
I am buying a drysuit and since it is hard to buy divegear in my country, and I can not try the suit in advance, I have to buy a stock size. I am going to buy a Bare HD trilam dry, but here is the problem:
I have been lifting weights for several years so my shape is a little unusual:
For the XL size, my waist and hips are perfect but my chest is 2 inches too big.
For the 2XL size, my waist and hips are 3 inches too small, but my chest is the perfect size.
Both are measurements taken from the manufacturers tables.
So what would you recommend?
I figure I should get the 2XL, because I may not be able to fit inside the smaller one, and since the extra material will be around the waist, I should be able to take care of it with my weight belt….and there is some extra room in case I put on some weight
Any opinions are greatly appreciated…Thanks

I would think that you could easily get a custom made suit from someone on your continent (you only included your continent as location so I don't know) but especially if you have a unique structure. You can be measured and have the suit built to fit every part of your body, instead of getting a stock suit to fit your chest and arms and have it not fit everywhere else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom