Drysuit - SiTech Docking System 60910 vs. Kubi Dry Cuff System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

galodoido

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Which one would you choose and why?

upload_2021-7-18_17-3-47.png

Is it worth choosing the more expensive Kubi system?

Si tech oval for me as well. It has a lower profile and greater dry glove options. With the Rolock 90, this combo is unstoppable.

Don’t go for the SiTech. Most people I know who’ve had them hate them as they leak.

Kubis work. They’re reliable and easy to change. They’re very strong.

Have had Kubis for 6 years and several hundred dives and thoroughly recommend them. Know of very few people who don't like them -- can't actually think of anyone TBH.

The si-tech dock you posted here is the older, bulkier model. No one is recommending that one. The recommended so-tech rings are the oval rings.

The si-tech dock you posted here is the older, bulkier model. No one is recommending that one. The recommended so-tech rings are the oval rings.
Do the oval rings come with the tabs that break?

Oval rings mean you'll have to be very careful when replacing the glove so it's perfectly in line with the drysuit cuff.

Round ones mean you don't need to worry as you'll rotate the glove to the correct position as you put it on.

Hello Alcalde

I chose the SiTech Oval Cuff Rings (Siflex seals) system because a friend recommended the Rolock 90 system. The Rolock system is really cool and has not let me down so far, modifications are not necessary. And it comes from Switzerland :wink:

Important: It must be the ovals system!

http://www.rolock.ch/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/flyer-rolock-qcs.jpg
flyer-rolock-qcs.jpg

However, I must also say that the Kubi system is apparently not bad.

Greetings from Switzerland
Pareto

Oval rings mean you'll have to be very careful when replacing the glove so it's perfectly in line with the drysuit cuff.

Round ones mean you don't need to worry as you'll rotate the glove to the correct position as you put it on.
The ovals become circle once you set it up for dry gloves. Only oval when using them as they come.

The Antaries dry glove system has tabs that can break if careless, aluminum rings can be bent if one is careless. The ultima and Rolock replace the seal holding stiff rings and replace them with the base/seal holder of their system, with the oval you will have many options for dry gloves, I like options and love the RoLock

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom