Drysuit search

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prisca Lim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey! I've looked through a few threads but most of them are quite old/didn't answer my questions.

I'm looking for my first membrane drysuit but I have quite a tight budget. I'm planning to use the suit for cave and wreck diving.
Things I'm looking for:
- two pockets
- sock/rock boots style
- latex seals
- preferably US manufacturer but open to other options if the price is right
- budget $1000-1500 usd

TIA for any suggestions!

I would also advice Seaskin (I have it myself). It is made to measure, i have almost all possible options (long torso, Kubi glove system, 2 large pockets, reinforcements everywhere, kevlar kneepads, Trilobyte knife on arm, etc.). I paid £1500 which included trilaminate drysuit, rock boots, Hubi gloves, Seaskin 250 g thinslulate undersuit, base layer. I think it is hard to get better price/quality ratio.

Frogman Tech is another option i'd explore. I have both, Sea Skin and Frogman Tech. Frogman is higher quality suit, close to your price range. But Sea Skin is shockingly cheap for what you get.

usia is likely the only US manufacturer in that price range, and that will be a fairly basic suit without options. seaskin will let you get optional addons and stay within budget.

usia is likely the only US manufacturer in that price range, and that will be a fairly basic suit without options. seaskin will let you get optional addons and stay within budget.

I've looked into usia and couldn't find much info, does anyone have reviews on this brand?

Hey! I've looked through a few threads but most of them are quite old/didn't answer my questions.

I'm looking for my first membrane drysuit but I have quite a tight budget. I'm planning to use the suit for cave and wreck diving.
Things I'm looking for:
- two pockets
- sock/rock boots style
- latex seals
- preferably US manufacturer but open to other options if the price is right
- budget $1000-1500 usd

TIA for any suggestions!
Where are you, your profile doesn't mention. M/F? I have a used one I could part with. Size? I'm a big feller but lost lots of weight recently.

Not trying to make a sale, but Seaskin to the US was a horrendous experience. I can provide any details.

Where are you, your profile doesn't mention. M/F? I have a used one I could part with. Size? I'm a big feller but lost lots of weight recently.

Not trying to make a sale, but Seaskin to the US was a horrendous experience. I can provide any details.

My profile is fairly incomplete huh, I'll work on that.
I'm in NC. F, 5'8, 130lbs ish

Back
Top Bottom