Drysuit repairs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is Cornwall near enough? Ron MacDonald of Ron's scuba is a legend.

Ron has sold his shop to Steve - 02 to Go. I can't comment specifically on their repair abilities, but they sold me a great new one that has no leaks!!! Ron is the one that got me in my first drysuit, turned an old leaky suit into a couple years worth of half the time dry diving until I could afford new:cheers:

Google seems to think that Ron's Scuba is permanently closed!

He has passed on his fill station to Steve, his expertise, vast experience and helpful nature is still going strong though.

(Maybe he isn't taking on new "customers", I didn't think to consider this prior to the recommendation, sorry. I just love the man and his skill and creativity when it comes to repairs is exceptional.)

Might be worth calling the number anyway, if it isn't too far for you.

I had a bad experience with Custom Diving Services replacement of my zipper. I can not recommend them at all.
1) they charged me for a leak test and my first use of the suit after repair there were around 10 unfixed leaks
2) after the second dive the zipper started delaminating itself from the suit and leaking badly

Ron hasn't replaced drysuit zippers in years. He used to send them up to Kevin Ripley in Ottawa but Kevin is out of the game unfortunately.

Thank you. I stand corrected. Sorry to hear Kevin has stopped now as well!

Back
Top Bottom