Drysuit Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stoiclown

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I was recently given a Scupapro d Drysuit. It is a rear entry, with neoprene seals, the zipper & neoprene are in excellent condition. My question is two fold:

1st How hard would it be to upgrade the drysuit to latex Neck & Wrist Seals, the suit has socks could I to convert to boots?

2nd it has zippers that wrap around the legs around the knee area, does anyone know what these are for?

As for seals Steve at Gamble Scuba just did this for me on a Tusa neoprene suit. He did a real good job and was reasonably priced. Sounds like the zippers are built in gaitors to control the flow of air to the leg area.

Superior diving repair will put new boots on the suit for about $200/. Not sure on the prioce of seals, but they do exceptional work.

It's also a good time to have any alterations done as well, especially if the legs are a little long for you.

http://www.drysuitrepair.com/repairs.htm

I think the zippers may be for gaiters/kneepads

If you want to do the work yourself, pick up Airspeed press' new book on Drysuit/Wetsuit repair - they cover seal replacement and boot replacement. Neither looked difficult, so long as you were patient and careful...

Aloha, Tim

Back
Top Bottom