drysuit problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lloydb

New
Reaction score
I bought a typhoon drysuit recently. Not custom sized, but a pretty good fit--or so I thought. My problem is that after diving (and hence squeeze) I don't have enough flexibility in the legs to get my fins off when boat diving (not as much of an issue with shore dives but still a problem). Prior to diving there is no problem--can bend and twist all day. I have tried adding lots of air, but it just goes north. I have tried thin and thick undergarments with no difference. Anyone else with this problem? Any suggestions?

I have a friend I dive with occasionally - a fellow DM classmate - and I had to help him with his fins. Make sure you have a good, helpful buddy.....:D

Appologies if this appears insulting in anyway.

When you inflate your suit after a dive do you turn your auto-dump (assuming you don't use a cuff dump) to off? If not, you probably won't be able to get enough air into the suit before the valve opens.

Rupert

Appologies if this appears insulting in anyway.

When you inflate your suit after a dive do you turn your auto-dump (assuming you don't use a cuff dump) to off? If not, you probably won't be able to get enough air into the suit before the valve opens.

Rupert
No worries, no apologies needed.

Have tried the the valve fully closed to the point of air escaping via the neck seal! Maybe the fit is just not right.

My guess is that due to the length of the torso the crotch is sliding down your legs. Try hiking up your suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom