Drysuit Pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tek Adventure Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just got my self a new drysuit.. :) SOOO excited to try it out. I want to get some pockets on it. How would i go about doing this? My LDS has some nice BARE pockets for bout 40 bucks and i also have some Aqua Seal.
Thanks for the help, Thatcher:)

Hi there Tec -

Gluing pocket on is easy - only issue to be aware of when adding pockets is to allow for how much (if at all) the material stretches when you put the suit on: what type did you get - a shell, crushed neo or neo and what brand?

There some good tips here and in that thread there a link to the halcyon site that also has a few tips.

What happened to your old drysuit BTW?

Cheers,
Rohan.

I put a Bare pocket on my drysuit and it works great. But I would not use aqua seal but use the cement. What I did was put a layer on my dry suit then a layer on the pocket then back on the suit and two more on the pocket. Slapped the pocket on and then put two cases of water on top to keep pressure on it for a day.

I can't recommend the Airspeed Press dry suit book highly enough. Putting on pockets isn't rocket science, but if you do it wrong, you end up with a pocket peeling off, and as the fellow who wrote the book says, it's not easy to get them off, get the suit cleaned up, and replace them. Given what pockets cost, the book is cheap.

Its a crushed neo, and my other drysuit wasnt as good as this one. So i sold the other one for more then what i got it for and put that money towards this one:)

It Atlan North Shore Comp 4 mil Black on Black, exterior zipper, butt bad, superstrech neck,.. ITs a beauty

Second what Lynne said regarding the Airspeed Press book.

The corners tend to come up if it isn't done properly. Read the book first to avoid grief, unless you have an experienced guy assisting you. Alternately, pay the guy at the shop to do it and ask him if you can watch and learn. It's cheaper than going through the next five years pissed off about the cement all over your new suit that you can't remove...

I wouldn't use aquaseal to glue a pocket on, your going to be sorry it will let go and there is no good way to remove aquaseal. Get some good twopart glue or pb300. it's the only way. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom