Drysuit inflator valve stuck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curious_George

Green water guy
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am working on a DUI brand drysuit and whenever I replace a zipper or neck seal, it’s much easier if the inflator can be removed. Occasionally, someone uses silicone caulk to seal the valve onto the suit which is ok in moderation, but can really make the valve tough to remove.

Has anyone seen a tool for removing the below pictured valve, or have some advice? I’ve got one that is extremely tight and hoping to not mess it up trying to remove.

97A5FAC6-5025-49AB-9C50-0CA5705147D9.jpeg EEF7E8F6-2F05-464A-922F-67C30D206FD9.jpeg

Thanks for any thoughts.

Hey thanks. I’ve not - but price is right. Might be worth a shot. I was assuming I needed some high dollar solution that was specially priced for use with "life saving equipment". :rolleyes:

That's what I used for my Si-Tech valve. It doesn't have the taper like yours. I still think it might work. It looks like there's plenty of stuff for the strap to grab.

Wrap a couple of T shirts around your hands or diving gloves

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom