Drysuit for a long torso person

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

txaggie08

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Thinking about going dry, and I'm not sure which direction to go.

I've got a very long torso, and am not a small person. I stand about 6'2 and weigh about 335 right now. I'm working on losing weight, but I am what I am right now. I've never been able to find an off shelf wetsuit that fit me.

I'm hoping that with some work I may be able to take an an/dp class at the end of the summer, and have an interest in both deeper/extended dives, and caves going forward( probably in north Florida, which I've gathered are going to be more dry type dives.

Fourth element was strongly recommended to me by my tech instructor, because they do custom fittings well. They look like nice suits, and reviews indicate they are improving, but I am interested in soliciting other opinions(discussing never hurts). 4th element isnright on the top end of what I could probably pay, and would delay me starting to dive it for a longer period than I'd like to save.

Fourth Element is rebranded Ursuit. Deep 6 is also rebranded Ursuit but much cheaper. They will get it custom made for you.

I didn't know deep six/ursuit/4th element where all related. That's some very interesting and good news actually!

Yes. Each brand has made some very minor changes to call it their own. Deep 6 has a different boot than Ursuit deep down inside they are all the same. Customer service from Deep 6 is the best if you are based in USA. Price is the best too.

There’s a good chance an Aqualung Fusion would fit off the rack........I’m 6’3” and 300 lbs.....size 4xl. Otherwise it’s custom made for almost all other suits,

I 2nd the notion of the Aqualung Fusion. I bought one in June 2018 and between then and now I lost 50lbs. The suit still fits and performs great. Had I purchased a different suit, I believe I would either be struggling to manage the air bubble inside or looking at buying a replacement for proper fit...the Fusion line of suits is designed in such a way that it will adapt with your body morphology changes.

-Z

DUI expanding torso front entry suits. I’m not a cave diver but I do a lot of underwater S&R and salvage. My local dive shop talked me into trying out The Yukon it’s a budget suit but I couldn’t be happier with anything else and I’ll never dive wet again unless I’m somewhere closer to the Equator. Where I dive you can’t see your hand in front of your face so you bump and rub into every thing. So many times I came acrossed old dock anchor cable, stumps, trees, etc. and thought o damn there goes $1200bucks and I start looking for Bubbles and to my surprise I don’t find any when I’m done with my dive I practically go over the suit with a magnifying glass and the trilam isn’t even scuffed up.
My friend is a public safety diver and his suit is almost exactly the same but his has this canvas like material Stitched over any where areas so it’s even that much Tougher. If I was cave diving I would spend the extra few hundred and get that suit.

Also another friend of mine bought his DUI Yukon the same time I did he’s 6ft something and has gotta weigh around 300 and his 4xl fits great and he loves his suit as much as I do mine.

@txaggie08 We would be happy to help if you have any questions about the Deep6 Makara Dry Suit.

I think we can get a great custom made to measure suit in the works for you if you are interested.

Distinct possibility. I want to talk with my instructor a bit, and I've got to get some monetary obligations touched up first. I actually like the way y'all do the pockets set up for sidemount as well .

Thank everyone for their input and feedback, I appreciate being able to ask questions to supplement research!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom