Drysuit Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnelrick0897

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

My girlfriend are recently qualified divers, we got qualified whilst we were in Turkey but we live in Aberdeen, Scotland.

We are looking to do our dry suit course so that we can dive in the UK.

We are concerned about how efficient a dry suit actually is?

Also anyone else from near our area know of good dive sites that are local?

Welcome to the fantastic underwater world, I dive the Scottish West coast.

With few exceptions all diving in Scotland is done with drysuits.

There are two BSAC clubs in Aberdeen:
* Aberedeen Sub-aqua Club Branch 67
* http://www.deesidedivers.com/

There are basically two types of drysuit, neoprene and membrane. They both do the job, you'll get strong recommendations for both. My suit suggestion is Otter, they make both.

I run the South Scotland BSAC regional training in Loch Fyne, a bit far but we do get divers from Aberdeen take part.

Kind regards

As in keeping you dry and also not leaking??

if the suit doesn't keep you dry something is wrong with it, but they should all keep you completely dry.... Granted I just got out of the water today and mine is leaking a bit at the zipper dock *ti-zips are great and evil at the same time* and i'm not sure if I messed up with not enough lube or it just doesn't like being at as much of a squeeze as I dive.

I am doing my dry suit pool session tomorrow, here in Massachusetts. It took three tries to find a dry suit that didn't try to "Do me in" while in the dressing room. I have yet to find out if this Santi E.Motion tri-laminate suit will be comfy while exerting myself to swim around and reaching for valves and all the other exercises I must try.
My advice is make sure that where you try on suits, and try out suits, is chill enough that you don't get overheated wrestling with it.

if the suit doesn't keep you dry something is wrong with it, but they should all keep you completely dry.... Granted I just got out of the water today and mine is leaking a bit at the zipper dock *ti-zips are great and evil at the same time* and i'm not sure if I messed up with not enough lube or it just doesn't like being at as much of a squeeze as I dive.
I found that mine leaks when over lubed..

Thanks for the information everyone, on a side note. What sort of gloves would you recommend to go along with a dry suit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom