Drysuit dilema Maybe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just picked up a used Andy's Drysuit. THis is my fourth suit so am familiar with most issues. Problem is suit is beautiful I'd say under 10 dives perfect seals, zip, DS1 with knife pocket and bellows pocket. Sizing looked about right but when I got it legs are way long. boots and top half are like custom fit. Any ideas if legs can be shortened? Or do you think I should resell. I'm not sure extra material in the legs would create big issue. I'm 6'1" and I think that the legs would fit someone 6'4" to 6'5". THe Torso length, sleeves, boots, are all perfect. Options ? Ideas?.

I've ownded neoprene, Oceanic Flex, DUI, and OS Systems suits and could dive them all no problem. Just want a read on the long legs and effects on diving it this way.

ddown

yes you can get it shortened,they just cut at the boot's and it not too bad,you do not need extra in the boot area can trap air and ooopp's!
Brad

After consideration i'll sell for 325.00
I'd say 6'2-6'5 34 inseam 210-225lbs
Great Suit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom