Drysuit boot ?'s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terrasmak

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well i should have my new suit in the next week and need to do something for boots. Options so far the Bare lace up boots , NRS workboots http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=2338 or some oversized converse . I checked out the DUI rockbooks this past weekend and im just not impressed . Oh ya , i guess normal booties could be and option too . Please give me some thoughts , opinions and words of wisdom.

I recently bought my first drysuit and went through the same issues deciding what to do about boots.

I ended-up buying the Converse.

So far, they've worked great. They're easy to don. They're comfortable before, during and after the dive. They're usually less expensive than the DUI or Bare boots. I was able to wear them with the fins I already had rather than having to buy new fins to accomodate larger Bare or DUI boots.

I purchased them from www.zappos.com which worked out great. Good price. Free shipping.

If boots are not part of the suit, how are they sealed to prevent water entry?

the suit has "socks" built in which you then put inside a boot to gain stability

michaelp68:
I purchased them from www.zappos.com which worked out great. Good price. Free shipping.

Sometimes I wish I lived i the states just for Zappos. What a great website.

As for boots, I use Bare trekboots and I like them. I did have to buy new fins though and I've never used anything else so I don't really know how they compare.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom