Drying Time Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TLS350 on a HangAir with the outer zipper mostly closed (slightly inflates the suit to reach the legs and feet) is dry in a few hours even with a few moderate leaks. Had a pretty good flood last week on a Sunday morning and was dropping the suit off for repairs Sunday evening; with a few box fans blowing at it inside-out, it was bone dry within an hour (San Diego climate).

I have a HangAir (wide hanger with a fan in it). Used it on my wetsuit and drysuit now. That takes of any dampness on the inside. Aim a turbo fan on the outside to get neoprene dry quickly.
I do the same thing. My old compressed neoprene suit dries pretty quickly. My Aqualung Fusion Bullet dries quickly inside with the HangAir running but takes a while for the outer neoprene skin to dry. At least a day.

I do the same thing. My old compressed neoprene suit dries pretty quickly. My Aqualung Fusion Bullet dries quickly inside with the HangAir running but takes a while for the outer neoprene skin to dry. At least a day.

I had a Fusion with the thin neoprene skin. A fan on it really helped with drying time.

Thanks -- responses are much appreciated. I was giving some thought to new toys for next dive season, but probably will stick with the laminate suit due to front zip, and dry time. The thought behind trying a neoprene drysuit was really looking at whether I could get more streamlined\less air in the suit and get away with fewer undergarments. Not really sure about that either -- a lot of my dives are in the 40s(F) for bottom temps and will probably need something fairly warm under the suit anyway.

You folks are really creative with drying technology. I current run a fan and dehumidifier in the basement where things dry. Wetsuits can really take a while still, though. I have hardly dove wet at all since getting the drysuit (except on vacation someplace warm).

Back
Top Bottom