Drying off Wet Mount Lenses Properly?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggie Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got my two Inon macro lenses that I rinsed and am trying to dry off. Every time they dry they end up with water spots on them, and I'm a bit concerned about that as there was some paperwork that came with the lenses from Inon stating not to let them dry with water spots.

So, are there some tricks to pulling this off without the spots being on there? I admit it's kind of a silly question, or maybe I'm being too concerned with the spots on a lens thing.

Thanks for the help.

I noticed a few water spots on my WA lens. I apparently didn't dry it well enough between dives or something. The spots were on both the front and the back and the lens had been in the holder after the dive. I tried to buff it off with a dry lens cloth but that didn't work. I finally soaked it in warm water for a couple of hours. When I dried it the spots were gone.

The only preventative I can think of is to remove the lens from the camera/holder after the rinse and make sure you dry the lens very well. I've got an old S&S WA lens that has some water spots etched into the coating from misuse. I can't see any effect on the photos but seeing those spots always bothers me!

Aggie Diver:
I've got my two Inon macro lenses that I rinsed and am trying to dry off. Every time they dry they end up with water spots on them, and I'm a bit concerned about that as there was some paperwork that came with the lenses from Inon stating not to let them dry with water spots.

So, are there some tricks to pulling this off without the spots being on there? I admit it's kind of a silly question, or maybe I'm being too concerned with the spots on a lens thing.

Thanks for the help.

I wipe it dry with a soft towel. No spots or problems so far.

I use a soft lint-free rag. Seems to work, so far.

Back
Top Bottom