Drying Halcyon Wings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NoRust

Registered
Reaction score
I travel a lot, and sometimes there is limited drying time (or soggy weather) before I leave. So easy/quick drying is important to me.

I am looking at either the Halcyon Traveler, or the Adventurer. It seems to me that the two-bag design of the Adventurer would allow a lot of trapped water, resulting in slow drying, growth of creepie-crawlies, etc. But on the other hand, that second layer obviously adds robustness.

Any input would be welcome!

My Halcyon doubles wing has NO such trapped water and No such "creepie-crawlies". The water between the bladder and the shell is expelled through the drain-holes by fully inflating the LARGER inner bladder. If you don't drain the inner bladder properly you might get "creepie-crawlies", but that's your fault.

Been traveling with my infinity for about 6 years and never had an issue with the wing trapping water. In fact, the whole thing seems to dry a lot faster than my wetsuit. The only water I find is inside the bladder when I open the butt dump after the bcd has been hanging for a while.

Also you can replace the Halcyon inner bladder for $125.00. What's not to love?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom