Dryglove undergloves? Where to get "wristless"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm using OSS rings, which I love, but I cannot use regular gloves under them because the wrist cuffs on most gloves are too long and end up bunching up and getting in the way of the ring connection. To correct the problem a buddy cut the wrist portions off a pair of medium weight Thinsulate gloves I had bought for about $5-10, stitched around the cuts to keep them from unraveling, and the result is show below - they rocked. For the first time my hands were truly warm in dry gloves, and not just tolerable. But where can I buy "wristless" gloves like these modified ones?

wristless_undergloves_1.jpg

wristless_undergloves_2.jpg

Note: I'm using Ansell Canners gloves on the rings; they are basic 20mil latex rubber, advertised as: "Good choice for chemical, snag, puncture, abrasion, and cut resistance. Excellent grip on wet or dry surfaces." So far they are holding up nicely, but they are susceptible to sun damage, and appear a lot wimpier than the usual Atlas 620 Orange and 660 Blue gloves people use. Still, they only cost ~$1-2/pair, so I don't mind changing...

Back
Top Bottom