Dry5 Wrist Seal Glove System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSltr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there any information available about the Dry5 Glove System; i.e. user's manual, etc? I noticed on one page they are displayed in black, and on another they are orange and blue.

Is there any information available about the Dry5 Glove System; i.e. user's manual, etc? I noticed on one page they are displayed in black, and on another they are orange and blue.

Not quite sure what you're expecting. . . I have a set, they're black on black and I find them very warm with excellent finger dexterity (IMHO better than Atlas gloves + liners) .

A "trick" I was shown to get them on (and help getting them off) is to put a little baby-shampoo on your hands before you put the gloves on

-------------------------edit--------------------------------
Looking again at your original post, are you asking about the XS Scuba "Dry Five" gloves? http://www.xsscuba.com/neo_gloves.html

John:

Are you balancing pressure in them with tubing under your wrist seals? Been looking at them for a bit....... I've been diving wet gloves for years, and just wondering how these would be instead.

John:

Are you balancing pressure in them with tubing under your wrist seals? Been looking at them for a bit....... I've been diving wet gloves for years, and just wondering how these would be instead.

No balancing required. The gloves have an inner cuff that seals nicely and the outer slides over my drysuit wrist seal. I don't feel them 'leaking' and I have noticed the neoprene seems to compresses with depth (dexterity improves). Water temperature up here is somewhere between 46 - 51 oF and I've never had cold hands.

I was using Viking/SiTech rings + Atlas gloves + liners and this is a much easier (and warmer) system for me

Hi MSltr,

We do not have a manual on this item.

They are now available in black and are heavy duty. These have a built in liner.

They seal against your drysuit seal.

Since they are a confined air space it is important to leave a passageway for air to move back and forth. If your DiveWear has thumb loops leave these in place. Or use a small straw that goes from your drysuit to the glove.

If the liner becomes damp turn them inside out between dives to dry.

More questions? Please let us know. You can also call our office at 800-325-8439 during office hours.

Thank you,

Kathy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom