dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

badgers

Contributor
Reaction score
I just ordered my first dry suit. :jester: :eek:ut:
I am not able to afford the DUI level of suits.

my entry level suit is a Bare Nex Gen with the exterior boots and polar fleece.

maybe some day I will get the cadilac of dry suits and then I can be a DOG:D

Well this DOG welcomes you to the dry suit divers club. You now get to join the ranks of the toasty warm. Hope you have great luck with your new dry suit.

Be Safe …………………….Arduous

I was also like you.I tried every which way to a dui suit but couldnt get enough money together.My next suit will be a dui.I purchased the same set up you have.I also purchased the ct-200 undergarment as the fleece ones were to light for my coldwater diving.I just wear the fleece under my ct-200. I give the nex-gen a big thumbs up.Its a great suit for the price.I no longer dread the thought of coldwater diving.Have fun and enjpy your new suit.

what is the ct-200 ?

Wisconsin is cold water as well. I got the dry suit because I hate cold. anyway my wife loves it when I buy more stuff:D

just for the record how much are the DUI's, lets say a CF200. Anyone have a good idea how much they run?

Also, those who use a DUI do you perfer the soft bootie or the rock boot?

Andy

My suits built in boot sucks and those DUI rock boots look like some study foot ware.

I was quoted 1600 bucks for a DUI TLS 350 and then 400 for the 400G thinsulate underware.
from what I just read
I think that my polar fleece is not enough but I spent 500 bucks total for the suit, fleece and boots. I guess if I have to buy some thinsulate I still can where the fleece when the temps are around 70°F

Here is the info on the ct-200.They also make a lighter T-100.I opted for the ct-200 due to it being warmer.It is very well made.I used mine in low 40 degree water and stayed comfy.My hands were a different story.If your interrested i can dig up the guys email that i purchased mine from.I paid arounf 150.00 plus shipping for mine. Anyways let me know.Have fun with your new suit!!

CT-200 Polar Wear

Laminated three-layer fabric combination offers least amount of bulk and buoyancy.
Anti-friction taslan, 3M B200 Thinsulate, and a brushed polyester fleece.
Ribbed knit cuffs & collar for secure comfort and fit.
Extra long 2-way front zipper for convenience.
430 denier wear / friction knee pads.
430 denier wear / friction shoulder panel that helps assure proper valve function and prevent zipper snagging.
Deep front pockets / Embroidered chest pocket.
Foot stirrups for secure fit / Thumb loops to eliminate sleeve movement.
Underarm grommets for body moisture venting.
Functional placement of grommets around exhaust valve location assist in venting air.
If interrested see www.bare-wetsuits.com.

A DUI CF200 Self Donning Drysuit (the pinnacle of drysuits...Yes i am a DOG :) ) they run about 2000.00 i say about, because you can get CUSTOM, which i suggest. with options. the more options the more it will cost. conversly if you can fit in an "off the rack suit" then get it, they are cheaper. about 1800.. if you are looking into a drysuit, i would highly recomend the CF200 from DUI. under mine i dive with BARE's polar wear 14.5 OZ fleece (double in the torso) it is plenty warm, 47 degree water.

Narced_1 :jester:

interesting

Thats not that much more expensive than the Vikings. I recall paying about 1500 to 1700 for my viking. Im not sure what vikings are now though, but for the little extra $ i would get the CF200.

A friend of mine just got his the other day and i must say its the sweetest suit i have ever seen. I need a really durable suit and my Viking is just too fragile around wrecks.

I am now seriously considering the DUI now even though i have the viking. just a question of $ now.

Andy

now accepting donations :):)

Back
Top Bottom