Dry Suit???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. I had been thinking of picking up a suit here so I can get certified in water I'm comfortable in, but no one has one I can borrow. So I guess I'll wait until I hit Monterey in December.

Wouldn't dive dry in Monterey? I've never done a dive there that was warmer than the low 50's, and I've been in 43 degree water there. I wouldn't dive WET in Monterey!

My lovely bride sports the Whites Fusion and I use the Whites Catalyst - we love them.

Wouldn't dive dry in Monterey? I've never done a dive there that was warmer than the low 50's, and I've been in 43 degree water there. I wouldn't dive WET in Monterey!

Well you know, everyone's different. For me in 7 mil farmer john is above 50 toasty, 43 is OK, down in the 30s means less bottom time.

well, when I dove in Fiji the water was in the low 70s and I was freezing in a 4 mil with a lavacore underneath. Now granted, I wasn't swimming, I was sitting on the bottom watching bull sharks. When I did a real dive there I was ok in the lavacore which is supposed to be equivalent to a 3 mil in warmth. Don't know. My blood has really thinned since being here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom